Acclaimed Flatbush chef Zevi Weisz presents his crusted rack of lamb recipe in the Kettle & Cord kitchen.
This recipe is brought to you by Kettle & Cord, the home essentials store in Crown Heights. In today’s show, acclaimed Brooklyn based chef Zevi Weisz presents his recipe for Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with a Sweet Potato Puree – the perfect recipe for any special occasion.
Chef Zevi dives deep into technique in this video, breaking down the key components to the seasoning and the sear. The lightly seasoned lamb is coupled with a cilantro-based herb crusting, creating a delicate blend of flavor and texture. The lamb is served with an exquisite finishing touch – a beautiful sweet potato puree smear and artful plating.
Another unique element to this recipe: Kosher cast iron pans. Cast iron is typically seasoned with non-kosher animal fat and needs to be koshered before it can be used. This recipe uses a Kosher cast iron brand which can now be purchased at Kettle & Cord.
Watch below as Zevi demonstrates his rack of lamb recipe:
You will need:
Whole rack of lamb
1 tbsp salt & pepper
1 bunch thyme
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp mustard
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
Parsley, mint, cilantro and thyme (few sprigs)
1 package Birdsboro beef fry
1½ lb tomatillos
½ cup white onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic
½ cup cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled & cubed)
2 cup Soy milk
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 375°F.
• Heat oil in a cast iron skillet on high. Season lamb with salt & pepper and place in the hot skillet, sear sides until crispy. Remove from skillet and place onto a baking sheet. Cook beef in fry oil and then set aside.
• In separate bowl combine bread crumbs, thyme, parsley, mint and cilantro. Paint with mustard and cover in crumb mixture. Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes.
• Heat oil in a pan, add tomatillos and
sear until brown on both sides. Blend tomatillos, lime juice, onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapeños. Add salt to taste and let cool in the fridge.
• Boil sweet potatoes in soy milk until tender. Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
• Top with beef fry and serve.