Create Account
ב"ה
Thursday, 15 Tammuz, 5779
  |  July 18, 2019

    Baby Dies in Steamy Bathroom

    A 1-year-old Orthodox Jewish baby from Kensington has died after being left unattended in a steamy bathroom. Full Story

    LIVE: Monsey Pre-Slichos Kumzitz

    Next Story »

    770 Shul Packed for Selichos

    17
    Opinions and Comments

    To keep track of your comments, follow a conversation or flag a comment Login
    avatar
      Subscribe  
    newest oldest most voted
    Notify of
    So sad!
    Guest
    So sad!

    Such a tragedy! May Hashem comfort the family to get thru this.

    BDE
    Guest
    BDE

    HASHEM WHY??????????????????

    Oy!
    Guest
    Oy!

    My heart falls fir the father; (

    Why is this reported in this way
    Guest
    Why is this reported in this way

    Why doesn’t it have the baby’s name with the candle with obm
    Such a sad story
    Who’s the family

    Tragic
    Guest
    Tragic

    That is heartbreaking.
    I cannot imagine how the father feels

    Terribly sad
    Guest
    Terribly sad

    As an asthmatic I was often brought to a steamy bathroom in the middle of the night, but never left unattended even in my teens someone was always there.

    Please let this be a reminder to never leave children unattended, especially when sick, So sorry for this baby,

    Confused
    Guest
    Confused

    Doesn’t mean that he died from the heat, it could be that he was passed away from the cough…or maybe something else…ppl don’t just die from steam

    #7 of course they do
    Guest
    #7 of course they do

    Any type of heat exposure for long durations of time especially the elderly, children or ones with illness are susceptible. Steamy showers are sauna conditions, that’s why there are time limits for them and warnings that may be dangerous.

    If the child was left in a hot bathroom for a long period of times, constrained, without water and already having trouble breathing this is a dangerous combonation

    To #7
    Guest
    To #7

    Being exposed to high temperatures of heat will lead to a heat stroke
    And this was at least1.5hr
    Bde! So terrible!

    BDE
    Guest
    BDE

    Tragic
    Condolences to family
    Father should heal from this. He is probably suffering and in deep shock.

    Parents!
    Guest
    Parents!

    Please, if you look on the instructions on how this should be done, it’s 15/20 min. max and you must ALWAYS be with the child!!

    # 7
    Guest
    # 7

    People don’t die from coughs
    The babies temperature was 108!

    It's a double tragedy.
    Guest
    It's a double tragedy.

    The father must have dozed off and was horrified when he awoke an hour and a half later. Hashem Yishmor. Too painful especially right before Yom Tov. HAMAKOM YINACHEM….

    Tragic
    Guest
    Tragic

    parents, klall yisroel are davening and sending our condolences and love. So so sorry!!! Hashem should help you through this.

    Yes
    Guest
    Yes

    I read he did pass away because of the heat.108.sad and tragic but also a wakeup call….horrible for all.

    to #7
    Guest
    to #7

    It’s called heat-stroke.
    8 elderly people just passed away last week in Hollywood, FL due to the air conditioning not working. even though there were fans blowing on them.

    Dear father and family
    Guest
    Dear father and family

    Pls accept my apologies on behalf of other commentors may no person know thw pain of losing a child and how mucc more so in such a terriblw circumstance, only hashem the true judge can know why such things happen

    X