MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 239, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 9, 2018 / 1 Teves 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
* Chassidus Applied to Zos Chanukah and Parshas Vayigash
* Are we doing all we can to empower women today?
* How does someone know what he’s capable of?
* If one’s “containers” are not aligned with their spiritual “light” (due to a chemical imbalance, as an example), can the container be trained to regulate and adjust itself to its spiritual capacity?
* Is there a difference how one would treat depression in a Jew and in a non-Jew?
* What can I do about same-gender attraction?
Follow-up (episodes 235-237):
Chassidus question: What can we learn from Yosef’s mistake by relying on the butler to mention him to Pharaoh, instead of just trusting Hashem? Aren’t we supposed to make a vessel for G-d’s blessings?
My Life 2018 essays:
* Peripheral or Primary: Two Paradigms for Life, Yossi Grossbaum, 38, Folsom, CA
* Attaining Inner Happiness, Sara Chyrek, 16, Brooklyn, NY
* Unknown Identity Syndrome, Mendel Brackman, 20, Westminster, CO
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.