NYS Yeshivos are facing a real threat. The State wants to control our chinuch.
New proposed State regulations, slated for the coming school year, would mean that:
· NYS does not recognize the educational value of Limudei Kodesh.
· NYS opens the door for education bureaucrats to impose curricular requirements that are antithetical to our values and way of life.
· NYS empowers local school boards to evaluate the faculty and curriculum at our Yeshivos.
· NYS allows anyone who claims they have a “grievance,” even if they did not attend the school, to challenge a finding that a school meets the government’s standards.
· NYS requires school boards to direct Yeshiva parents to move their children to another school if the board believes that their child’s Yeshiva is not substantially equivalent.
· NYS considers students in “non-equivalent” schools truant. Penalties to parents can even include jail time.
There is a comment period. Your Voice can avert the looming gezeiros on Torah chinuch.
Submit your opposing comment TODAY! The deadline is May 31.
Text ‘start’ to 888.595.1529
Sign at voice.torahumesorah.org