13 Reasons you should be hosting a Hakhel gathering this week
Ever wanted to have a bunch of friends over but just couldn’t think of a good reason?
Ever NOT want to have a bunch of friends and random people over but felt morally obligated and slightly pressured to do so?
Here’s why you should consider hosting (or obviously attending) an event this coming week.
1. It doesn’t have to be fancy.
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t need a color scheme and personalized party favors to have people over.
2. Your apartment can be small.
Unless your neighbor informs you that she’s bringing her entire extended family, you don’t need to live in a mansion to be a hostess.
3. It doesn’t have to all be on your head.
Sharing is caring! Have your friends and neighbors pitch in and relish the beauty of a group effort.
4. It’s really ok if only three people show up.
It’s quality over quantity here!
5. You can watch a JLI Hakhel video together!
Have WI-FI. Will host.
6. Or you can learn a Back2Basics sicha on Ahavas Yisroel together. (Find it in the Hakhel Support section of the site.)
Throwback to high school days! Ohmigosh, remember when we did this ALL THE TIME????
7. You don’t need to find a speaker.
Have a friend share a personal Rebbe story, inspiring thought or mivtzoyim encounter- anything! What a great way to connect with the women on your block!
8. You don’t need to be the “type”.
You know, the kind of person who is always going to shiurim, on mivtzoyim… you just need to be nice. Or heading in that direction. (Semi-nice hostesses, sign up here!)
9. Unity is very IN right now.
It’s been in for the whole year, actually. But, come ON! Sefira! Ahavas Yisroel!
10. We have operators standing by to resolve every crisis that may come your way.
Text support, or even a whatsapp group of 20 women to bounce ideas off of. 24/6. (Yes, of course you aren’t the only woman in Crown Heights who is up at 3 o’clock in the morning.)
11. It’ll increase the friendly-factor in our community, which isn’t a bad thing at all.
Hey, I know you! Didn’t we meet at our block Hakhel gathering?
12. It’s not too late!
Yes, a little late, maybe. But not TOO late! This is CH we’re talking about. We are highly skilled at putting things together quick.
13. Success beyond your wildest dreams!
“Anybody who puts in genuine effort in putting together Hakhel gatherings has my personal guarantee that they will be successful beyond their wildest dreams.” –The Rebbe.
Convinced yet? Awesome!
Head over to www.thehakhelproject.com and make it happen!